We have the perfect summer recipe that the whole family will love! Our Crispy Beef Thai Salad with Watermelon is mouth watering good and is amazing on a summers night.
- Serves: 4-6
- 1kg Rump steak (sliced thinly)
- 2 Cups gluten free corn flour plus ½ x TBSP Chinese 5 Spice
- Steak Marinade – 1 x Tbsp minced garlic, 1 x Tsp coriander powder, 2 x Tbsp light gluten free soy sauce, ¼ cup water, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ x Tsp chili powder(optional), ½ Tsp Chinese 5 spice, 1 x Tsp sesame oil
- Salad – Basil, cucumber into strips using a peeler, carrot into strips using a peeler, baby tomatoes, beetroot leaves, coriander, bean sprouts, snow peas sprouts.
- Watermelon (cut into cubes)
- Thai Dressing Sauce
- Sesame seeds (toasted)
- Salt and pepper to season
Chinese Boiled Eggs Ingredients
- 4 eggs
- water as needed
- a small pinch of salt
Eggs Marinating Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Gluten-Free light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
Instruction’s boiled eggs:
Bring a pan of water to the boil and once boiling turn down the heat to low and carefully lower the eggs in, next, the pan back on to boil and boil the eggs for 7 minutes. Remove from boiling water and put into cold water and peel under cold water while still warm.
Add soft boiled eggs into the marinating sauce, soaking for 8 hours or overnight.
Before serving slice the boiled eggs in half.
Pop all salad ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
Next, get the same seeds and cook in a dry pan on a medium heat until lightly browned.
Remove the skin from the watermelon and cut into large squares so you can sit the salad on top of it.
Next, grab a tub and marinade the watermelon in some of the Thai Dressing sauce for a few minutes.
Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
Slice beef thinly and pop into the marinade and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Heat oil to 190c, put corn flour, Chinese 5 spice, salt & pepper, and mix, next add beef and coat well.
Put coated floured beef into hot oil and cook until crispy and until it floats to the top.
Make sure to dry off excess oil from beef with kitchen roll.
Get a serving bowl and pop the watermelon in the middle.
Next, dress your salad with some of the Thai Dressing Sauce and then add your beef around and within the salad and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Now Enjoy!