- Serves: 4
Ingredients Beef Casserole:
- 500g beef chuck (chopped into 1inch cubes)
- 2 large white onions (sliced thinly)
- 3 garlic cloves (slightly crushed)
- 1 large glass of red wine
- 500ml gluten-free beef stock
- 2 tbsp Smokey Jerk BBQ Sauce or Hermes Smokey Black Garlic BBQ Sauce
- 4 potatoes (chopped roughly)
- 400ml crushed tinned tomatoes.
- 2 carrots (sliced roughly)
- Gluten-free flour to dust meat
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped roughly)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Salt & ground white pepper to season
How to Cook Tender and Flavourful Beef Casserole in the Oven.
Looking for a delicious and easy beef recipe? Look no further! Follow these simple steps to create a mouth-watering beef dish that will impress your guests.
Preheat your oven to 160C to ensure even cooking.
Prepare the beef by seasoning it with salt and pepper and lightly dusting it with flour. Allow it to come to room temperature.
Heat a large ovenproof dish over high heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Once hot, add the beef and brown it until it reaches a deep golden colour. You may need to do this in batches.
Remove the beef from the dish and set it aside. Lower the heat to low and add another tablespoon of oil. Add the onions and cook until they are soft and slightly golden. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
Season the onions with a pinch of salt, pepper, and dried thyme. Add the spices, Smokey Jerk BBQ Sauce or Hermes Smokey Black Garlic BBQ Sauce and wine and reduce by half. Then, add in the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the beef and vegetables to the dish, mixing well. Pour in the stock and season again. Bring to a boil and add seasoning once more. Place the dish in the oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the meat is tender.
Before serving, add fresh parsley and check the seasoning. Adjust as necessary. Enjoy this delicious dish with a glass of red wine for a perfect meal.